Saturday, February 11, 2006

Dakota Metro on the Runway


My favorite Travel Bug???

Well, it got to be

Dakota Metro on the Runway


Named for and in honor of our Yorkshire Terrier - "Metro" !!!

Metro is my little caching buddy and has joined me on several hunts. He has his own Geocaching account and loves being outside.

As a travel bug Metro has joined me 'vicariously' on my trip to Asia in November/December 2005. Also he visited the caches in Murfreesboro and Smyrna during my Dad's illness. Dad loved Metro and asked about him when I went to visit him in the Tennessee Vetern's Home.
Dad's first question for me was not..."how are you" or "did Sarah come with you"... No, Dad wanted to know, "Where's Metro"!!!

When Dad passed away on Janurary 23rd --- we took Metro with us to Tennessee for the funeral. We took Metro in the funeral home to say his "goodbye" to Dad! Metro made the ride to McMinnville to the gravesite at Bethany Church of Christ. Metro sat on Sarah's lap as the burial flag was presented to me from the Tennessee Army National Guard Honor Guard .



No comments: