Saturday, December 23, 2006

Vacation Day 2

Goldfinch said:
Wouldn't you know... I shut the alarm off last night because today is the first
day that I have had off in over two weeks and I can sleep late... BUT I woke up
promptly at 6:00 AM anyway.

Torry said:

Great. Now I've lost the ability to sleep in, in the mornings.



I know the feeling... The alarm is set for 5:44 on days that I jbex. This has been the case since we moved into our home in May of 2000. I woke as wide-eye this morning at just after 6 AM… I was craving coffee! And coffee was my goal! I opened the canister and the aroma of the beans filled my nostrils. The perfume de cafĂ© alone was enough to raise my caffeine level.

Coffee and forums and email.

The rains in the past thirty six hours have made the roads like mire in places. The ruts were deep as I make my way for errands in town.

I finally finished the Christmas village. It only took me two weeks to get back on it and only thirty minutes of effort to place the last of the polyvinylchloride snow in place.

A ride on the golf cart into the woods and to the pond later this afternoon; I tossed a few of the fish pellets into the water. A large White Perch broke the surface with a splash. The rods hanging in the garage were at the pond and Beetle Spins were in the water in minutes. Nine of the Blue Gills were gullible enough to think that the grub like plastic would be good for dinner. Guess what we had for dinner!!!

No comments: