Saturday, February 07, 2009

25 Random Things

  1. I’m two pints short of my 4 Gallon Donation pin from the American Red Cross. But I haven’t given blood since 2002.
  2. Current inventory level is over 9000.
  3. 14 airports, 16 flights, 5 airlines in two weeks - very tiring.
  4. I have worked in the same industry for 27 plus years. Yet, it is different every day and definitely not boring.
  5. I plan to NOT to use all my vacation days this year as a patient in the hospital. The summer of 2008 was not fun!
  6. Deconstructing and rebuilding a barn that was over 100 years old is one of my greatest accomplishments. The Cabin by the Pond is complete as it stands, but we will continue to add features to make it more comfy.
  7. I went face first down the slide into a mud puddle when I was in the second grade. I was pushed, I tell ya!!! I’m still called by the nickname – “Gingerbread Man” by Kevin.
  8. I wish I still owned the 1972 Chevelle that I had in high school and college days.
  9. I love to catch a 20/20 Rainbow Trout some day.
  10. In less than two years, we have taken 22,175 photos with the Canon EOS 350D’s.
  11. I walked through the phone booth scene as an extra in the movie “The Nights the Lights Went Out in Georgia”. Sadly, I ended up on the editing room floor.
  12. Coffee, tea and ‘Cokes’ – I refuse to be caffeine free!
  13. I spent three weeks working in Asia in November and December of 2005. My only regret is Sarah was not able to share the experience.
  14. My fingerprints are now on file with the FBI’s Fingerprint Identification Records System (FIRS). They were scanned when I obtain my GFL (Georgia Firearm License).
  15. Walking in the woods and fields with my Dad on Sunday afternoon are my fondest childhood memories.
  16. Laddie positioned himself between me and a rabid skunk when I was 10 or 11 years old. That dog gave his life for mine. I still tear up when I think about it.
  17. I miss my Mom and Dad so much. I still find myself wanting to pick up the phone to call them three years later.
  18. I have manned the wheel of “Stars and Stripes” – the 1987 winner of the America’s Cup. When the captain told me I could take over the helm, I nearly tripped over my jaw that had dropped. Two hours of sailing the waters around Hilton Head – FUN!
  19. I’m totally addicted to Stride™ Gum. In order of preference – Sweet Berry, Always Mandarin, Forever Fruit, Winterblue, Spearmint, Sweet Peppermint, Nonstop Mint and Sweet Cinnamon.
  20. I’ve not had a professional haircut in nearly 10 years. Sarah does a better job with my head than any barber in the past.
  21. My C3/C4 and L4/L5 are way too close to each other. Owie!
  22. I love to cook. Asian, Mexican, Italian and of course Southern Cuisine (no that’s not an oxymoron).
  23. Sarah is a gem. A ruby for sure. Proverbs 31:10-31
  24. I’m amazed at the simple things: How a spider weaves her web. How long a dew drop can hang on the end of a pine needle. How an army of ants can march and wear a path in the sand with their many, tiny feet. The peace that is seen in the face of a sleeping infant.
  25. My most important relationship is with my Lord and Savior – Jesus Christ. I’m not perfect, just forgiven!

No comments: