Monday, November 05, 2007

Metro Monday

Bed Puppy

At five months old or so, Metro was invited to sleep in bed with us. He was no longer put to sleep in the utility room behind the Closet Maid shelf. See, we trusted him to hold his little bladder through the night, since he was doing so the 10 to 11 hours during the day while we were away at work. He has been there ever since. In fact, if he falls asleep on the slipper bench at the foot of our bed before we turn out the lights - we call him to come join us. He takes his spot where we have fixdidit.

Now I lay me down to sleep,
The king-size bed is soft and deep...
I sleep right in the center groove
My human beings can hardly move!
I've trapped her legs,
He's tucked in tight!


And here is where I pass the night.
No one disturbs me or dares intrude,
Till morning comes and "I want food!"
I sneak up slowly to begin
my nibbles on my human's chin.
They wake up quickly,
I have sharp teeth-
I'm a puppy, don't you see?
For the morning's here and it's time to play
I always seem to get my way.

So thank you Lord for giving me
These human people that I see.
The ones who hug and hold me tight
And share their bed with me at night

Author Unknown - but could easily be Metro




Sleepy Puppy yawning

No comments: