Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Two Years Ago...

I was struggling with writing this post since last night. I started and deleted so many times, that I had just about given up on what to write. Then I get an email from Sherry when I get back from lunch and a doctor's appointment!

Thanks, Sis! I couldn't have said it better!!!


I know we haven’t talked yet today and I really don’t want to dwell on what day it is. I know that both of us have thought about the 2 year mark all week, and especially today. Instead of thinking that Daddy has been gone from us for 2 years and making today a sad event; I have been trying to think that this is a 2 year anniversary that we have become closer together as a brother and sister-sharing the memories we have of both Mom and Dad. Also Dad’s passing took him away from his earthly pains and illness; and moved him onto his next journey toward heaven. We both know that dad lived a wonderful Christian life, both as a devoted husband and father to us, along with a very caring person that was loved by many. So smile with me and say a prayer, and thank God for His love and allowing us to be stronger today because He gave us Dad and the memories to share.

I love you.



Amen!!!


Sherry, I love you, too!!!

And be a simple kind of man.
Be something you love and understand.
Be a simple kind of man.
Wont you do this for me son,
If you can?

Chorus to Lynyrd Skynyrd's Simple Man
(by Gary Rossington - Ronnie Van Zant)

No comments: