Saturday, November 15, 2008

But you offered me a discount!!!

Two emergency room visits this summer...

Fifty dollar co-pay per emergency room visit...

Waiting for the insurance company to make payment to the hospital...

Making sure the EOB is correct...

Getting the actual bills from the hospital...

Writing the check for the $100 balance, this week and mailing it on Tuesday...

Getting a call for the "outside" billing office yesterday afternoon: "If you pay your balance now, we can offer you a 50% discount..." This message is left on our answering machine. So I call back the number on the caller id. I say that I would like to take advantage of the offer. And then I tell the phone drone that I have already made a payment.

"Oh!?!?" She doesn't know how to handle the situation. She will check with her supervisor and the billing office and make the promise to call me back.

SHE DOESN'T!!!

I called back and got another phone drone. She, too, tries to offer me the discount. Then she bring up my account. "Oh, it now shows a $0 balance. I can't offer you a discount on a $0 balance."

Will I be calling the hospital Monday morning??? I've already complained about the lack of care from the Emergency Room doctors. Those docters were "fired" as the result of my and others complaints. And at that time was told the CEO would "get back with you". He hadn't.

So this time I start with the money guy -
Chief Financial Officer Michael Hester (478) 448-4050 mailto:mhester@dodgecountyhospital.com


Then -
CEO Kevin L. Bierschenk (478) 448-4066 kbierschenk@dodgecountyhospital.com

And then -
Administrative Assistant Esther Daugherty (478) 448-4067 mailto:estherdaugherty@dodgecountyhospital.com


Fifty bucks is fifty bucks!!!

No comments: