Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Blood Pressure and Blood Work

As I told the doctor yesterday morning, "I haven't been to the doctor this century!"

I was feeling funny on Saturday after we had finished running the water line to the goat/chicken pen. I thought it was just the stuff I had last week kicking me in the butt again. I was walking up the slight incline from the mailbox when if felt dizzy. When I got back in the house, Sarah said my face was beet red. My soon to be FIFTY year old body has caught up with me - my blood pressure was elevated.

Sunday Morning I didn't feel like going to Sunday School. I woke up about 10:30, too late for morning worship. But I did make it to evening worship. Selinda being the good nurse that she is, offered to take my blood pressure with the sphygmomanometer from the first aid kit in the kitchen.

155/100

SHOCK

So, off to the Doctor in, uh, er... I don't actually remember when I last went to a doctor!!!

And to show off, I beat the numbers from the night before ---

168/108

SHOCKSHOCK


So after a night of fasting, I head to the lab this morning. Three vials of blood later, I head back to house. I see a change of diet and more pills in my future. We will see for sure Friday morning.