Sunday, July 22, 2007

Older Brother, Younger Sister

My younger sister was my constant companion when I was growing up. Living out in the stick of rural Warren County, there wasn’t much to do. We made up our own fun.

Making forts/playhouses with tin cans and scrap lumber
Riding bikes on paths in the woods that were swept clean with an old broom (we weren’t allow on the dirt road)
Playing with a kitten that had a strange name
Hide and Go Seek in the red clay gullies
Climbing into a tree house that seemed so high back then(we would most likely bump our head if we could walked under it now)
Watching cartoons, Dark Shadows and Batman

Sherry, you were always there! Sometimes to ad nauseum. But I wouldn’t trade the memories for anything. Even the spats. Even throwing you through the wall in the den of the old house at Daylight.

Now with 387.6 road miles separating us, we are closer than ever. Thanks for being there for me.



Sis, whatcha think this is – your birthday or something!