Sunday, September 14, 2008

Porch Puppy

Just because...


Because he was too cute... just sitting there as we gathered the tools and put away fishing rods. He knows by our actions that it is time to head back to the house. Metro is so in tuned to our routines. He know when I grab my keys and put on my shoes that we are going outside for a while. He know when I pick up my backpack, I'm going to work. He will wait at the back door for me in the afternoon. Sarah says Metro will camp out about 30 minutes before I arrive.

We are amazed by Metro and the ways he patterns his ways with ours.

Metro let's us know when to open the door for him. If his food bowl is empty (he free feeds), then he will stand by the kitchen and bark. If we are not in bed by 11:30, he will whine and moan - telling us it is beyond our bedtime.

It is often said, "We do not train our dogs, but they train us."

No comments: