Friday, September 19, 2008

Two Appointment/Same Day - Endocrinologist

The follow-up to the ERCP was schedule for Wednesday. But before that, more blood work to see how my liver is functioning and my general health. We arrived an hour early for the 11:30 appointment and the Physician Assistant saw us in the waiting room. Shortly thereafter, we were called back to the exam room. Stopping by the scales, showed just a two pound increase (mostly related to jeans versus shorts). The liver function enzymes were back to normal. HOWEVER comment "you are slightly anemic. Your hemoglobin level is 11 and should be 14. Your hemoglobin was above normal while you were in the hospital."

  • No wonder I have been running out of gas toward the end of the day.
  • No wonder I am anemic, I've been on a very restrictive diet (which prohibited red meat).
  • And to make sure there is not any blood lost anywhere else, I have another test scheduled for 8:00 on October 31st - a Colonoscopy - "because you are at that aged". Yay, for being over 50!

No comments: