Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Buzz, fizzle, POOF!!!

I finally get to the retired the old treadmill that I use for luggage wheel testing.  A shiny new machine arrived  last week and the electrical connections were completed.  Moment of truth, SWITCH to the ON POSITION.  The readout on the control panel is activated and then everything goes south.  From the corner of my eye a see a small orange-white flash of light near the front drive shaft of the new machinery.  Then a puff of smoke and the tell-tale smell of electric/electronic components that have died.

Good news:  Replacement parts are on the way

Bad news:  They are coming from Taiwan.  Also the source of the Wheel Tester

Worst news:  The manual is written in Engrish

Even badder new:  There is no schematic showing what the little, burned out, red box does and how/where it is connected.


















From internet research, I know that it is a Proximity Sensor.

I'm not sure I want to get too close to it?!?

No comments: