Saturday, January 08, 2011

Road Grading

I was heading to town to work on the flowers for church tomorrow.  As I rounded the corner where our road intersects with the road that leads to the highway , I was greeted with the road being blocked.  A couple of dump trucks and a road grader was in the way.




The dirt, red clay, on the slight incline is some of the slickest stuff on which I've ever driven.  That includes rain soaked street, snow and black ice.  Sarah and I have often said, "The dirt on this road is worn out"...  How does dirt wear out???  There is an absence of other material other than clay.  No sand, no soil, no organic material.  When rain comes, the clay is so slick that traction is nearly impossible --- especially so when the clay clogs the thread of your tires.

Come to think of it, the mixture of clay and water is called SLIP.

No comments: