Thursday, January 06, 2011

On my TO DO list

Along with my driver's license, my passport is due to expire later this year.  August 2001.  It doesn't seem like 10 years ago that I first traveled outside the United States. Germany and Italy were back to back that summer...  6 countries of Asia in the winter of 2005.  I've not been out of the U.S. since.  And I'm definitely not complaining, I much rather be at HOME!.

But my boss has told me to ALWAYS make sure that my passport is up to date!!!

 Reason to wait till after my birthday.

  • New renewal forms are to start on February 1st.  
  • No increase of fees are expected-  currently $110 (but they are much higher than the $60 a decade ago)
  • Recommended renewal window 6 to 4 months before expiration
Looking at the online renewal process, it seems simple enough.  Just print form DS-82 and fill out the information.  A visit to Gene Johnson's office sometime in March just might be in order.



No comments: