Wednesday, February 21, 2007

No Thanks, I'm in a hurry!!!

  • Robitussin DM
  • Orange Juice
  • Grape Juice
  • Cranberry Juice
  • Box of Kleenex

My list for Wal*Mart was short and urgent. Sarah is not feeling so good. I make my way around the store, entering via the door by the Garden Department. Robitussin is close by. But OJ is in the totally opposite corner of the store. I make my way through and around the crowds that gather at 5:00.

I get to front of the store with the rest of the crowd, but with the good fortune of getting to a nearby register just as the cashier was returning from the customer service area. So I breeze through checkout.

Then I am face with another line - the one leading toward the exit. Six or seven buggies are lined up with a lady with a yellow highlighter marking receipts. As the other folks play “Follow the Leader”, I make my way toward the door via the fast lane.

“Ya know – you don’t have to stand in line for Yellow Highlighter Lady!!!”

I carry my bags to the truck and am on my way while others are still waiting.