Sunday, April 01, 2007

Happy Anniversary

What do you get for your wife for your anniversary when she really wants nothing?


"Don't get me roses or cut flowers - they are just going to die"

Although, a tree or new landscape plants would be an option...


"Don't get me jewerly - I have enough already"

Wow, would I get hit for that...


"Don't even think about going out to eat"


HA! Considering, gourmet dining around here is going all out and ordering those large fries instead...

I walked into Chas Mar Friday afternoon to buy worms. Nope, that is NOT what I bought Sarah for our Anniversary!!!
I saw the banner over the door: F-R-M (Flint River Mills) CHICK DAYS. I walked in the door and the sound of little peepers filled the air, along with the smells that I associate with hardware stores - in the present and in my childhood. I flip open the cell phone and call home.

"Listen!!!"

Rainbow colors run around the pen, too young and not yet programmed to flee the reaching of the nubby fingers of toddlers that come in looking for Easter basket fillings.


Purple, Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange, Red
I wanted one of each color. Sarah convinced me that two yellow ones would be least artificial and would be enough.