Saturday, April 28, 2007

Ugly Mail

I got an ugly envelope from the mail box this afternoon.



  • Not a bill

  • Not a notice of audit from the IRS

  • Not another credit card offer


No, this was from a company offering me a membership if I choose to pay their 'dues'. The letter inside says that their records indicates that I am now fully eligible. And I would get some great benefits:

  • Their Magazine, special bulletins and guides

  • Discount on hotel/motel stays

  • Their lobbyist are in Washington D.C. and all state capitols looking after my interest

  • Special financial resources

  • Health care benefits

  • Educational programs

  • Shopping discounts

Wait a minute, how do THEY know about ME?

And why are they so ashamed of their full name that they only use initials???