Saturday, April 28, 2007

Look at us, we're walking

I have mentioned the song in the Remember When Post and the blog about Metro's first steps after his accident . And I got to thinking... Do I remember all the lyrics? A Google search confirmed my fears --- I got most of them.


Look at us, we're walking,
Look at us, we're talking,
We who never walked or talked before.

Look at us, we're laughing,
We're happy and we're laughing,
Thank you from our hearts forevermore.

But there are so many other children
Who only speak with a silent prayer
For those of us who haven't been so lucky
We hope and pray you will always care.

And someday they'll be walking
Someday they'll be talking.
Imagine walking to the candy store!

But the fight has just begun
Get behind us everyone
The hope will make our dreams come true-
Thanks to you, thanks to you.



< s h u t t e r >